Apply by submitting an adoption application.
- Within 24-48 hours of completing the application in full, you will receive a call or text to set up a home inspection.
- Once your home inspection is complete, you will receive an email approval or denial.
- Once approved, it’s time to meet dogs that would be ideal candidates for your home!
Please note: In order to confirm your application eligibility, you’ll need to confirm your home eligibility. If you own your home, upload proof of ownership of your home, such as a property tax statement or mortgage statement. If you rent, upload permission from your landlord and any breed, size, or age restrictions.
- Adopters must be age 21 or over.
- Renters are welcome to apply with permission from their landlord.
- Families with children are welcome to apply! Not every dog can handle a home with children, but a lot can!
Fences are not a requirement at MHCR. However, not every dog is a candidate for a home without a fence.
Not always. We receive multiple applications for each of our dogs. Not all dogs are suitable for each application and our dogs are not placed in homes on a first come, first served basis. Instead, we strive to make a lifelong match and will consider multiple applications.
Our home inspections are not specific to a particular dog, so this step will not need to be redone if the dog you applied for isn’t available.
Yes. We require all resident canines to meet the prospective dog. This is done at the foster’s home.
In general, from application to adoption takes 4-7 days. The time depends on how quickly you submit all required documents and respond to the dog’s foster to set up a meet and greet.
No. As a PACFA licensed rescue, we are required by state law to spay or neuter all dogs prior to their adoption.
Our adoption fees vary based on age, breed, future medical needs, longevity in rescue, etc.
The adoption fee includes all medical and safety-related care. Prior to adoption, all our dogs are:
- Spayed or neutered
- Vaccinated according to their age
- 4DX tested (4DX is a heartworm and tick-borne parasite test)
- On a monthly heartworm prevention medication
- Treated for any illnesses or injuries
No. We are a 100% foster-based rescue. However, our fosters are willing to schedule a meet and greet if you find a dog you’d like to consider adopting.
Please note: Your adoption application must be approved prior to scheduling a meet and greet.
No. We require a completed, including all supporting documentation, and approved application prior to scheduling meet and greets with potential dogs.
Not always, unless the dog is fully grown and clearly a certain beed. In the cases of some large litters of puppies, we will DNA test and provide those results to prospective adopters. For the vast majority of our amazing dogs, it’s our educated guess on age, breed, and how big puppies will get.
Yes, but we do require you to come to Colorado to meet and pick up your new dog.
No. We do not adopt out siblings together. The majority of time, issues develop between the two dogs later. We will, however, adopt out two, non-related dogs who get along well.
Yes, if they are a good fit together.